Agroecology: a free MOOC for everyone, designed by experts
Farmers, students, researchers and interested members of the public: perfect your knowledge of agroecology and its practices with the Agroecology MOOC. This free online course from February 17 to April 22, 2017 is open to all. The course provides you with the opportunity to discover the world of agroecology and to discuss its practices with experts. Registration is now open!
Will it be possible to feed more than 9 billion people by 2050, while preserving our natural resources? Using natural processes (soil biodiversity, combining crop and livestock farming, etc.) to improve and increase production, agroecology can help us to meet this challenge. It will involve limiting the use of pesticides, fertilizers and fuel, for example, by maintaining optimal agricultural production levels.
What are the various agroecological approaches? How are they implemented? Discover this new way of farming, from your own home or workplace, using a free online course!
Theoretical contributions to field observations
After bringing together over 12,000 participants online during the first session in 2016, the Agroecology MOOC organized by Montpellier SupAgro will return from February 17 to April 22 for a second run. It will take place in French and English using the FUN platform. The course will look at the foundations of agroecology through a combination of agronomy, ecology and social sciences along with its applications in farming practices and the agroecological transition.
Each participant is invited to share their knowledge and field observations to supplement the theoretical input provided by teacher-researchers. By giving registered students the possibility to discuss amongst themselves, the innovative platform aims to create a joint approach to agroecology based on a pluralistic and international vision.
The mooc is aimed at:
- Professionals, to consolidate their knowledge: researchers, participants in the farming industry (farmers, consultants, chambers of agriculture, etc.), public decision-makers, etc.
- Students, to gain knowledge in this field.
- Interested members of the public to share and supplement their knowledge with other participants.
- Anyone who is interested in familiarizing themselves with agroecology
You can register for the MOOC until March 6 on this link.
While you are waiting for the 1st course, take a look at this trailer:
For more information
- Feature: Let’s innovate for effective and sustainable agriculture
- Testimonials. Our scientists MOOC; how about you?
- Read the Agriculture-Innovation 2025 plan: 3 priorities, 9 themes and 30 projects for competitive, environmentally friendly agriculture