Publication: The Mediterranean Region under Climate Change
The Mediterranean is one of the regions of the world most exposed to the effects of climate change. During COP22 (November 7 to 18 in Marrakesh), AllEnvi members including Irstea published a summary work on the state of scientific research on climate change, its consequences and solutions for reduction and adaptation applied to the Mediterranean region.
A total of 150 authors - decision-makers, scientists, researchers and university personnel - from both sides of the Mediterranean have come together under the aegis of AllEnvi to write a summary work entitled The Mediterranean Region under Climate Change.
Because this summary work applies to one of the regions of the world most exposed to climate change, it sheds valuable insight into:
- understanding the mechanisms of climate change now and in the past, as well as the impact of climate disruption on the environment, the economy, health and society;
- recommending responses for adaptation, resilience, resource conservation and risk prevention.
|The 700-page book is available in French and English|
5 COP22 events you won't want to miss
The 22nd session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP22) will meet in Marrakesh from November 7 to 18. Irstea will contribute to COP22 by organising a side event by Irstea researchers Nils Ferrand and Delphine l’Aot on November 17 from 1pm to 2:30pm: in the green zone, in partnership with Lisode, OECD and CGIAR1 on the theme "Supporting local stakeholder groups in adapting to climate change across territories: feedback, innovative tools and forecasts.
Irstea will also participate in 3 other side events:
- November 7: Irstea will participate in a training session held by GoodPlanet Belgium for a network of youths on water governance in the Escault Valley and Oued Sebou.
- November 8 from 5pm to 6:30pm: Lecture by Benjamin Noury, researcher at Irstea, at the side event held by the French Water Partnership (FWP) in the green zone on the theme "Scientific knowledge on water and climate for smart planning and decision-making."
- November 10 from 11am to 12:30pm: Benjamin Noury, researcher at Irstea, will take part in the workshop "Water and climate in island regions" held by the FWP in the France Pavilion, Agora Territoires section.
- November 12 at 5pm: A side event in the green zone to present the publication by AllEnvi, La Méditerranée face au changement climatique (The Mediterranean Region under Climate Change) with several scientists also in attendance.
For more information
- AllEnvi at COP22
Global and climate change. 55 research results in the service of the environment