Mobility relocation programme
Irstea’s exchange programme aims to strengthen researchers’ scientific qualifications. It creates exposure to other scientific cultures by hosting high-level researchers or by sending its own researchers abroad. This leads to the creation of new partnerships and bolsters international collaborations.
Over recent years, emphasis has been placed on strengthening doctoral and post-doctoral host programmes. Another priority has been to host high-level researchers, especially those working on new subjects for the establishment.
Every year, Irstea also receives around one hundred researchers and students from Europe and the rest of the world. During 2012, Irstea welcomed a total of 68 researchers and foreign students. They stayed for an average period of 6 weeks.
In figures (2012 data)
· 967 short-term programmes (< 2 months)
· 5 scientists, 3 doctoral students on a long-term programme
· 68 foreign researchers hosted (22 long-term > 2 months)
- France Contact Portal (The French guest researchers’and grant holders’website)
- Maison des Français de l'étranger (a government service providing information to French citizens who wish to work abroad)
- Toute l'Europe (French website on European affairs, also available in English)
- EURAXESS – European Portal for researcher mobility
- Alfred Kastler National Foundation
- Agence Universitaire de la francophonie (a global network of French-speaking higher education and research institutions)
- Marie Curie actions portal
- Campus France (The French international mobility agency)