The technologies developed by Irstea and available for transfer are listed in the form of technology data sheets. If you are interested in one of these, please contact the research team involved or the technology transfer and innovation direction (DVT).
- Hewing and bundling vehicle
- Tire sensor
- Modular single beam spray boom
- FROILOC, cold and clean airflow system for an ultraclean atmosphere, energy efficiency and improved work conditions
- Vacuum oven
- CEMIB test bench for measuring fertiliser spreader performance
- Two-Phase Air Temperature and Humidity Measuring Sensor for an Air/Water Environment
- Device and method for anemometer thermal and dynamical calibration
- Secure hitch system for agricultural tractor and machinery mounted implement
- Sensor for measuring the moisture content of soils and other porous mediums
- Sludge liming process
- Optical sensor for determining a product’s dry matter content and corresponding method
- Method for wrapping silage bales and ensuring high mechanical resistance
- Monitoring and automatic agricultural site management device
- Sampling and automatic packaging device of georeferenced grain samples during harvest
- Smartgrappe : colorimetric characterisation of grape clusters using a smartphone
- Open workstation underneath a flow of ultra-clean air. "Divergent Flow" technique
- In situ air permeability measuring unit and associated digital operating method
- Core cutter to take cylindrical samples of soft material
- Activation-regeneration process for a redox sensor in a wasterwater treatment plant
- Measure for extracting compost through a support grating placed under an open container such as a vertical silo
- Porteau and its calculation modules Opointe Zomayet and Quality
- FisPro software for the design and optimisation of fuzzy inference systems
- All Irstea software
Four Irstea projects were funded by the ANR (French National Institute for Research) in the framework of the call for projects
Project Leader: Marie-Odile Monod
Perception in the external environment is subject to constraints related to climatic conditions that disrupt optical systems such as lasers and cameras. Radar technology has undeniable strengths to overcome these disadvantages: increased range, operating in all weather day and night, etc. Based on this, Irstea has developed a unique radar imager. Placed on a ground vehicle or boat, this rotating antenna radar, using specially developed software, is capable of combining trajectory and 2D mapping of the environment by using the movement of the wearer.A device originally intended for mobile robotics, the objective of the PELICAN project is to make a perception system capable of meeting the needs expressed in the environmental field. This is why the choice was made to demonstrate the potential of this technology in a mapping application for geomorphic river monitoring. This application addresses the current major issues of monitoring and protection of water resources.
The valuation strategy involves the Irstea valuation cell for the Protection of the results (DVT) on one hand and, on the other, the competitive cluster ViaMéca involved in market research and providing knowledge of industrial networks for the transfer of technology.
The Froiloc Project (2011-2013): extended consolidation and validation of the technology of localised cold ultra-clean air.
Project Leader : Georges Arroyo
FROILOC technology was developed by Cemagref up to the first stage of facility validation (TRL7 maturity). It is a clean cold system easily installed in production facilities, particularly food production:
The current state of technology is the result of a regional research project from 2006-2008, launched on the basis of functional specifications developed with the industry. Final testing on the production line established full compliance of results in two cases of the CDCF: Case No. 1 "conveyor belt type transformation station with operators" and part of the case 6 "packaging stations", that is, the stretch wrapping and thermoforming machines. A patent has been filed by Irstea to protect these assets for the first applications in these cases, very generic to the food industry, but only a part of the potential applications already identified.
This project is divided into five tasks, of which the first three consist primarily of experimental work designed to strengthen the scientific basis of technology and to establish the technical elements of its future development. The fourth task aims to establish the technical support of the transfer. The fifth task, conducted by the valuation service of Irstea, will be to prepare the industrial transfer. The industrial development is proposed on the basis of the existing patent, completed at the end of this project, the transfer taking place by licensing to original equipment manufacturers and installers and rights to food manufacturers and similar industries for use.
Optichaux Project (2011-2013): to optimise the mix and reduce reagent consumption: development of a pre-industrial prototype based on the principle of co-rotating twin-screw extrusion for the liming of sludge
Project Leader : Jean-Christophe Baudez
To achieve this goal, the project will be based on a scientific consortium composed of Irstea (UR TSCF), the French Institute of Advanced Mechanics (IFMA) and will be based on the valuation structure of CEMAGREF (DVT).
Project Leader : Marie-Odile Monod