Our post-doctoral offers
Post-doctoral researchers participate in the development of the institute: they enrich their own scientific experience and bring their knowledge to their research topics.
Are you interested in doing your doctorate or post-doctorate here?
Terms of post-doctoral contracts
Irstea offers post-doctoral contracts within the framework of a scheme launched several years ago by the government department for research.
Post-doctoral contracts are intended for young doctors who have completed their thesis viva in France or abroad. It allows post-doctoral researchers who have completed their thesis to bring us their knowledge while acquiring complementary high-level research experience before seamlessly moving onto working for a research company or laboratory.
All the scientific topics covered by the organisation relate to:
- Life sciences (biology, hydrobiology, geochemistry, microbiology, etc.); the aim is the best understanding of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, of devices related to water quality, food quality, etc.
- Information and communication sciences and technologies (signal and information processing, modelling environmental systems, etc.); the aim is to represent and model environmental complexity.
- Sciences of the universe and engineering sciences (mechanical, metrology, etc.) to model physical environmental processes.
- applicants must have a doctorate, PhD or equivalent title at the time of recruitment
- they must not have completed their thesis at the research unit hosting the post-doctoral position
- there is no nationality requirement
Post-doctoral researchers have the option of following training specifically implemented for them.
How to apply?
To apply you must make direct contact with the research unit likely to host you in accordance with the anticipated research subject.
The research subject will be finalised together with the scientist heading the research unit and will then be proposed to the Hosting-Relocation Commission for acceptance.
When the application is approved, you will receive a post-doctoral contract from Irstea.
Download the fact sheet (Word), (pdf version) to be filled in with the named researcher from the unit.
Contract of employment: maximum 18 months.
Gross monthly salary: €2,150
Contact within the Organisation
For any further information, contact the Science Division.