In today’s farming industry, increasing and improving production means meeting market expectations and improving competitiveness while taking into account the environment, food quality and security, and human safety. This is a key project that has brought together the 10 Hub Agro partners - including Irstea - to create innovative solutions.
From February 26 to March 2, SIMA visitors will be invited to discover a range of equipment, decision-support tools, technical guides and research programs through a series of conferences and demonstrations.
The subjects will include a special focus on three themes in particular:
- Agronomy to support tomorrow’s crops
- Machinery and robots to help the environment
- Digital agriculture to help farmers
How Irstea will be participating
- AdAp2E, adaptable robots able to follow a path or a target in fields, able to record data and carry out several precision tasks (sowing, mowing, confined spraying, etc.). These will be demonstrated daily at the stand by our robotics experts. Hall 5a.
- SimTrac: two driving simulators for farm machinery to help young college students learn and limit the risk of accidents. These will be demonstrated daily at SIMA, in the Open Innovation area.
Get your free SIMA pass with the code: PAF7LN2W9
- Monday, February 27, 10am to 12pm: Véronique Bellon Maurel, Director of the Environmental Technologies Department and Director of the DigitAg Convergence Institute, and Roland Lenain, Director Robotics Research, will be participating in the Hub Agro symposium, Hall 3, Mezzanine.
- Tuesday, February 28, 2pm to 4pm: Robotics and safety: how can we avoid risks Irstea experts and young start-up companies will review developments in robotics for human safety. Hall 3, Mezzanine.
For the second time, Irstea will participate in the SIMA Innovation Gallery #2 by illustrating the future of farming with two themes:
- “Being an agro-ecological farmer” with a model of a wetland buffer zone, like the one in Rampillon.
- “Being a connected farmer” with an exhibition of a robot fitted with sensors.
For more information
- A complete feature on our research: For effective and sustainable agriculture
- Report: Report on a data portal for connected and sustainable agriculture
- Computer graphics: Robots in the fields produce more and better
- Hub Agro: www.lehubagro.fr @Lehubagro