Innovating research products with a strong methodological and technological component.
To bring the knowledge closer to the action, Irstea is drawing up information systems and producing different tools and operational methods, mainly dedicated to design, implementation and assessment of public and private action.
Its work helps to develop engineering for the environment coupled with corresponding information systems. Results from these works can be used for water and land management within the context of global change and long term development of eco-systemic services in terms of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, World Resources Institute, 2005).
Its research products are divided into several categories:
- Publications, targeting production and knowledge diffusion;
- Annually sustained theses;
- Development and upkeep of software;
- Participation in higher education;
- Receiving researchers and scientists.