(For more information follow this link)
1. Schleuter D., M. Daufresne, J. Veslot, N.W.H. Mason, C. Lanoiselée, S. Brosse, O. Beauchard and C. Argillier (In press). Geographic isolation and climate govern functional diversity of native fish communities in European drainage basins. Global Ecology and Biogeography.
2. Mouthon J. and M. Daufresne (2011). Mollusc survey of the Ognon river (eastern France), decline of native bivalve populations (Unionidae and Sphaeriidae) between 1977 and 2007. Malaco. 7, 391–397.
3. Mouthon J. and M. Daufresne (2010). Long-term changes in mollusc communities of the Ognon river (France) over a 30-year period. Fundamental and Applied Limnology. 178, 67–79.
4. Schleuter D., M. Daufresne, F. Massol and C. Argillier (2010). A user's guide to functional diversity indices. Ecologcal Monographs. 80, 469–484.
5. Daufresne M., K. Lengfellner and U. Sommer (2009). Global warming benefits the small in aquatic ecosystems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 13, 2467–2478.
This paper has been featured in e.g.: Nature Reports Climate Change, New York Times Green blog, Science Daily, Encyclopedia Britannica: Book of the year (2010), Agence France Presse (AFP), Le Monde, Spiegel Online, La tête au carré France Inter, Radio France Internationale, France Info, Radio Canada, etc...
6. Daufresne M. (2009). Impacts of climatic and non-climatic pressures on fish communities in large French rivers. Hydroécologie Appliquée. 16, 109–134. (In French)
7. Mouthon J and M. Daufresne (2008). Population dynamics and life cycle of Pisidium amnicum (Muller) (Bivalvia : Sphaeriidae) and Valvata piscinalis (Muller) (Gastropoda : Prosobranchia) in the Saone river, a nine-year study. International Journal of Limnology. 44, 241–251.
8. Daufresne M. and P. Boët (2007). Climate change impacts on structure and diversity of fish communities in rivers. Global Change Biology. 13, 2467–2478.
This paper has been featured in e.g.: Science Daily.
9. Daufresne M., P. Bady and J.F. Fruget (2007). Impacts of global changes and extreme hydro-climatic events on macroinvertebrate community structures in the French Rhône River. Oecologia. 151, 544–559.
10. Jensen T.C., T.R. Anderson, M. Daufresne and D.O. Hessen (2006). Does excess carbon affect respiration of the rotifer Brachionus calyciflorus Pallas? Freshwater Biology. 51, 2320–2333 .
11. Daufresne M. and O. Renault (2006). Population fluctuations, regulation and limitation in stream-living brown trout. Oikos. 113, 459–468.
12. Mouthon J. and M. Daufresne (2006). Effects of the 2003 heatwave and climatic warming on mollusc communities of the Saône: a large lowland river and of its two main tributaries (France). Global Change Biology 12, 441–449.
13. Daufresne M., H. Capra and P. Gaudin (2005). Downstream displacement of post-emergent brown trout: Effects of development stage and water velocity. Journal of Fish Biology 67, 599–614.
14. Daufresne M., M.C. Roger, H. Capra and N. Lamouroux (2004). Long-term changes within the invertebrate and fish communities of the Upper Rhône River: Effects of climatic factors. Global Change Biology 10, 124–140.